Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Mulberry!

I remember first hearing about Mulberry from my mom. She told me her dream was one day own a Mulberry agenda/day-planner.
For myself, Mulberry was nowhere near my top 10 designer wants until recently I've started paying more attention to European fashions, and reading tons of blogs from fellow Finns.
What can I say, I'm easily influenced.


And here it is. My very own Mulberry bag.
I did my usual rounds on eBay, Etsy and other sites...researching what these bags went for in USA, and I have to say unfortunately for my fellow europeans the market seems to be better here.

Not too long ago I saw a Mulberry Alexa bag on the Goodwill auctions website. I was bidding on it-and if I wasn't tight on money, I would have the bag now. The final selling price was around $360, makes me sick to my stomach! The new Alexa retails on both sides of $2000!
And this purse was in excellent condition....

Very well, I figured I'll keep my eyes open (=on the computer screen!) and couple of weeks later this bag popped up on the same (one of my favorites) Goodwill auctions site. 
For some reason I thought their pictures and the description didn't make justice for the value of the bag, so I figured I may have a good chance to get a great deal!
So I waited till the end of the auction and bid on it and voila! I paid $44.


It's not Alexa, I'd rather have a bigger purse for all my belongings-but for the price and the feeling that I now own a Mulberry bag... :)



I love the fact this has long enough strap so I can wear it cross body, and it's big enough for my essentials when heading out-keys, lipgloss, phone and my wallet.
This bag is older style, so I don't know what it's called. I'd love to know if someone has an idea!

As for my mom, soon she will get her wish. She raised a very frugal and cheap girl-in a good way!
I'm working on finding her dream agenda....and I have some good deals out there!





No comments:

Post a Comment