Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oxfords Obsession

Vintage Sandler of Boston shoes

Sometime last fall I decided I needed a pair of Oxford style shoes. They look so cute with short skirts and knee highs, or with cropped skinny pants!
Anyway, I searched for a while--every night on the computer and every thrift store I went to.
I finally found this pair on Etsy, and the price wasn't bad so I bought them and started waiting.

Time went by and my shoes never came...how sad was I, when I discovered that the Etsy shop where I bought the shoes was gone out of business!
Long story short, I opened a case (with Etsy and Paypal), got my money back and kinda forgot how badly I NEEDED the oxfords in the first place...

Few of months later, on my birthday, this mystery box arrives. And you know it, inside were my shoes!
I have no clue what happened, but it was a nice surprise!
Tried them on--perfect fit. Too bad the bottoms were about to fall off.
No big deal, some super glue and I wore them to my party night out!

Super glue doesn't last forever. Just one other time of wear to be exact.
Last night at work the other shoe started smiling at me--I didn't smile back. Lucky for me there was some more super glue there so I didn't have to hop to my car on one foot at the end of the night.
Tomorrow they will meet my shoe doctor and hopefully be saved.

Before super glue failure




No comments:

Post a Comment