Saturday, March 16, 2013

Vintage Fur or Not



All winter long I dreamed of finding a beautiful fur collar, detachable so I could wear it with jackets or accessorize my sweaters.
I thought I finally scored when I bid on a lot of fur collars on Goodwill's "Ebay".
The description said "a lot (4) of vintage fur collars, not real fur".
I was excited to find out how the furs would look once I got them.

Week later I got my package and as I pulled the furs out, immediately I thought oh no...they are so real.
I don't wear fur, just a personal choice.
I inspected the furs wondering maybe they're just really good fakes. Then I took them to a friend who has experience with furs and she confirmed my suspicion-aside one of the collars, they're all real.
Fox, mink,mink...dead animals.


I was thinking, if the fur is vintage, meaning it's at least 20+ years old and the poor animal used to make it has been dead for a long time...would it be ok to wear it?
It's not like I went to the store and bought a brand new fur.


Well, I couldn't do it. It's not me, and I know I would have been uncomfortable wearing these.
So you can find them on sale at my Etsy shop Ihana Style.
And if they don't sell in time, I guess I'll find one of those places where they make them into blankets for abused animals <3




No comments:

Post a Comment